Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Super Swift Weekend

Last Saturday I was in Manila to watch Taylor Swift perform live.  I took my two eldest kids and we had a blast!
I've been watching concerts since I was 15.  Some groups I've seen include:
Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Wham, Madonna (yes the Virgin tour where the opening act was Beastie Boys), Katrina & the Waves,  and many others.
In my line of work, I've done production for many concerts such as UB40, BoyzIIMen, Michelle Branch, and others.
What I'm getting at is that I've seen lots of performers/shows.
I have to say that Taylor Swift rocked the Araneta Colesium!  I only knew of a couple of her songs prior to the concert but now she's won my respect.
She sings and sounds just as good as she does on her cds (no she wasn't lip-syncing).  Her energy and musical abilities kept the arena charged.  And finally, she is one beautiful country girl!
Bundle all of that with 16,500 fans singing all her songs all night long and you had one awesome show!

I sat with my kids after the show at a restaurant and after all the hype about the concert I told them this:
"What makes this trip memorable for me is not just that we saw Taylor Swift but that I had always wondered what it would be like to hang out with my two eldest as adults".  The moment for me was a milestone.  And to put it into perspective, I told them to imagine what it'd be like to have their next youngest sister join us as an adult.
Wow, what a great father-child experience!  I wrote in one of my earlier blogs that in 2003 I had fullfilled a dream to drive my family from northern California to Disneyland in a minivan.  That was the same type of milestone and the same type of Fearless feeling I had.
The funny thing is-although I'm living out great adventures that were once ideas, I'm creating lasting impressions upon my kids that they will have and share with their own someday!
I guess you could say it's like an Enchanted Love Story that Belongs To Me...

Hope you liked this!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment