Monday, February 7, 2011

Father Knows Best

Being a family man is one of the toughest jobs you'll ever love.
On a scale of 1-10 I rate myself a 10 and I could say I'm the perfect family man.
I didn't say I was the best, I said I was perfect in that I meet all the requirements such as:
-Have wife
-Have kids
-Have pets
-Have debts
-Have income
-Have home
Ok you get the picture right?

Like most parents, I want to give my kids the things I didn't have that I knew I should've had growing up.  The first of those is two real parents (not guardians) to raise them.  My guardians were the best but I shouldn't have been their responsibility.
When it comes to material things, my kids were taught at a very young age the difference between wants and needs.  Whenever they would get toys, it would come as rewards for good behaviour.  Even then, the toys would have some educational value and would be something they could share with each other (board games, science kits, etc. no guns).
One of the most important things my family has is consistent prayer, and thanksgiving to God.  Having God in the center of your family will bring the peace and contentment in times of chaos and disunity.
The moral of today's story is:
Work hardest at the things money can't buy for your family and make sure God is part of your household.

Be blessed!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment