Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Hairy Situation

You know you're a child of the 80's when you still blow-dry your hair and pump it up.
My unique identifier is my hair.
Every day I have to set aside 12-15 minutes to fix my hair.
When I was 16 my cousin who was a cosmetologist taught me how to turn my otherwise limp, no-body hair, into a fashion statement that I haven't changed to this day.
Here's the process (as if I were doing an info-mercial):
1) Wash and Rinse
2) Towel dry then blow dry
3) While first blow drying use round brush to curl hair back
4) When hair is dry, rub two dabs of the strongest gel you can find into your hair
6) Blow dry again and repeat curling while doing so
7) Use the strongest hair spray and spray lightly to "reactivate dry gel"  (be careful, hair will set)
8) For dry look spray onto brush, for wet look spray directly onto hair.  Use teasing brush if necessary.
9) When desired style is achieved, spray lightly once more to lock in look.

Only people that are really close to me have seen me do this process so if you have-your special! =)

At 14, prior to all this, I use to get "rice-bowl" hair cuts.   Its called that because it looks like you take a bowl, put in on your head, and cut around it.  See attached picture for laughs.

Have a fun day!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment