Tuesday, February 1, 2011

An Email Got Me To Europe.

Aren't Fireworks cool?
For the longest time I wondered what it would be like to be a real Pyrotechnician (someone who shoots fireworks).
In 2007 I Googled the top Pyro companies in the world and sent emails to a few of them.  I asked for information on getting started in Pyro.
One took me seriously and not only replied but also wanted to meet me.  I explained to them that the only guy that was licensed in Guam had died (of old age) and there was no one else to do it and that it would be a good business opportunity.
Before you know it, one of the owners of the company visited and I took him around to see the island.
He told me that if I really wanted to learn the art and learn it quick I should help his company on projects.
He invited me to join him on a project in Instanbul Turkey.  They covered my expenses and I was on my way!
It was the most awesome eight day job I ever had!  The whole time I kept thinking I was going to wake up and find out I was only dreaming.
We loaded firworks on 10 barges (huge no-passenger ships used for hauling stuff), 5 rooftops, and 1 bridge the size of the Golden Gate in SF.

There are many things to do still to get licensed and there are lots of investments that need to happen for me to really get into Pyro but if you have an idea or dream, anything can happen!

That one email took me through Amsterdam, Paris, and Turkey! Hmmm, where do I want go next?

Live your dreams!

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Great Accomplishment Jeff!!! Cheers to your success! You've always been a great influence!

    ReplyDelete