Friday, January 28, 2011

Mountain Tops and Valleys

Life is a series of Mountain Tops and Valleys.
Are you on a Mountain Top right now or are you in a Valley?

Some of the deepest valleys in my life were times when I thought I couldn't afford payments anymore on the house and decided to sell.  I went so far as to put a For Sale sign in my yard.  I still live in that house today.
I also remember the valley of despair; it was a time when my wife and I (unmarried at the time) were separated.  I thought surely it was the end of the world.
Today's blog is not to bring you down or to make you feel sorry for me.  Instead I share this to encourage you to look upward when you find yourself in a valley.
My mountain tops have been times of great business income and memorable family trips to places like California, Hong Kong, and Manila.
My mountian tops have been times of being able to help others that were struggling with life issues and knowing I made a difference in their situation.
My mountain tops have been times of inspiring young people to seek out their talents and dreams and use them to their fullest.

I can go on and on about my mountain tops (and valleys for that matter) but today my blog is about You and not me.

Wherever you find yourself today, know that we are only human, we all make mistakes, and there is always hope.

A statistic I heard and has proven itself correct in my life is: "90% of the things we worry about never happen the way we think they will happen".  It is also written that - worrying doesn't add to your life.  I've learned to just deal with things realistically and let life come as it may.
I hope you find today's message useful!  TGIF.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment