Friday, December 26, 2014

How High Is Your Mountain?

In less than 1 week we will look back on 2014.

For me, the year has been one of seemingly deep valleys and not-so-high mountain tops.  It's been a year of tests and trials that have pushed me to new limits in my faith.  There have only been a few other years in my life I could look back and specifically remember how difficult things really were.

Most of the challenges were in the paths of business and finances.  For example; contracts that were consistent in the previous years were non-existent this year.  There weren't as many "new leads" as there have been in the past.  I seem to have spent more time this year in the valley than on the mountain top.

The deep valley was my perception up until I decided to write this blog entry.  On a side note, I usually try to position myself on a "mountain-top" when I make new entries to this journal so my readers could walk away informed and uplifted.

I started to look back at all the accomplishments, comforts-of-life, and blessings throughout the year and found that my mountain top was much higher than I thought.  I guess you could call this a turning-point.  Kinda late in the game but better late than never.

Some of the things that grew my mountain were: No sickness in my family, the ability to provide jobs for my workers, and the ability to bless others at Christmas time despite a tough year.

As we usher in 2015 and literally countdown to the launch of the first fireworks to celebrate the new year, I will set my sights high and look forward and upward to a sky-high mountain top to climb and place my flag of accomplishment on for 2015.

Don't let your valleys lower your mountain tops.  Instead, rise up, wise up, and stand on the mount of gratefulness, blessings, and love for life and others.

Be a blessing in 2015.

2011 entry: Mountain Tops and Valleys




No comments:

Post a Comment